The easiest way to withdraw cash for use when you need it the most is through an automated teller machine or an ATM. An ATM lets you use your credit card or debit card to access funds when you require them, no matter whether your bank is shut or not.
When you open a bank account, you get a debit card as part of the offering. Typically, these cards are also ATM cash withdrawal cards. You can also withdraw money from any ATM with your credit card but will have to settle this amount on your credit card bill. Every ATM card has an expiry date, and card issuers send you a new card beforehand. Nowadays, ATMs are electronic machines that have uses beyond the mere withdrawal of cash. ATM machines also facilitate access to mini bank statements, let you deposit cheques and cash and let you pay bills. It’s important to know how to use it to its optimal potential.
How to Withdraw Money from ATM
It is easy to learn how to withdraw cash from an ATM, and you can do this in a few simple steps. Since you may find an ATM inside a bank’s premises, or at individual locations across your city, it is important to be aware of your surroundings, as you have to use an ATM secret pin to make cash withdrawals. How to use ATM card is explained in the steps that you should follow below:
- Visit an ATM. Insert your ATM card in a slot on the right side. You should make sure that your ATM card is inserted in such a way as to ensure the logo of the bank and the chip on the card go into the slot first. In some ATM machines, you may have to remove your card after insertion initially, and in others, the card is meant to be left in the slot for the entire transaction.
- Then you can select the language of your choice.
- After choosing the language, you will be directed to enter your ATM Pin. This is your secret PIN number, from 4 to 6 digits long.
- Once you enter your PIN, a menu will pop up with Balance Enquiry, Cash Withdrawal, Deposit, Bill Pay, etc. You can choose the option, depending on what you wish to use the ATM for. If you wish to withdraw cash, choose that option.
- Next, you will have to choose the type of account – current or savings. Make your choice.
- The next thing you will be instructed to do is to enter the amount you wish to withdraw. Make sure you have enough balance in your account before entering an amount.
- After entering the amount, you can press ‘Enter’ or ‘OK’. Your money will appear through a wide slot at the bottom of the keypad. You can collect your cash and your ATM card. You also get an option of having a receipt of your transaction, and if you have opted for that, you can collect the receipt too.
Knowing how to withdraw money from ATM lets you have the ease of having cash and other services at any time. Find out more about how you can get an ATM card by opening a bank account at Finserv MARKETS.